Technical Sales & Track Operations Manager
The American Center for Mobility (ACM) is a non-profit proving ground optimized for the safe and secure development and validation of connected and automated vehicles (CAV), the associated product development workflow, and the supporting off-board systems and infrastructure. Taking a holistic approach, ACM is also accelerating the development of voluntary standards by facilitating effective government/industry collaboration and providing education and training opportunities for the CAV workforce of the future.
General responsibilities of ACM’s Operations office include working with the core team and broader contractor base to safely maximize track utilization; expand upon its methodologies, equipment, and overall capabilities; and establish and maintain a ‘thought leadership’ position in the CAV space through direct involvement in industry knowledge-creation activities as well as interaction with key stakeholders including ACM investors & users, US DOT/DOE/DOD, and relevant external proving grounds.
ACM will fill this critical Technical Sales & Track Operations Manager role with a forward-thinking, creative, customer oriented, knowledgeable team player, with significant Test Track or Proving Ground experience, knowledge of vehicle testing processes and a track record for obtaining results.
Technical Sales Essential Duties:
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy together with ACM’s O&M Partner to increase ACM utilization and revenues.
- Engage directly with the customer testing groups to understanding their overall testing goals and requirements.
- Communicate facility, test environment and test support service capabilities effectively, to current and potential testing customers.
- Assess and guide customers on appropriate test environment locations, facilities, equipment and services needed to accomplish their testing goals.
- Coordinate with ACM management to ensure key partner and investor usage agreements are fulfilled and assist on expanding initial agreement components.
- Provide suggestions to optimize test environment and test support service usage
- Provide suggestions for enhancing ACM facility fee structure and special promotional programs
- Coordinate with ACM Director of Automated Vehicle Technical Programs to prepare commercial and government test and research proposals that will utilize ACM facilities and services.
Track Operations Essential Duties:
- Observe and guide the O&M Partner on maintaining and enhancing facility operations and testing services.
- Provide suggestions to optimize test environment and facility operations.
- Coordinate with ACM CTO and O&M Partner to ensure the facility and test environments present no undue physical hazards.
- Coordinate with ACM O&M Partner to ensure the overall facility is in a high state of readiness and usability and remains in good repair.
- Coordinate with ACM O&M Partner to ensure high operational readiness of ACM ITS / Communications network across the entire facility.
- Identify equipment requirements for either purchase or internal development / fabrication based on customer expressed interest.
- Manage to the budget provided; work with Operations Partner to develop and present budget recommendations for the upcoming year.
- Design and Construction Technical input:
Understand user requirements and present recommendations to the ACM executive team for future test environments, accessory testing equipment and services.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Master’s in Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Significant demonstrated business development and sales experience, (Business Development – 5 years minimum, Sales – 2 years minimum) preferably in the Automotive or related industries.
- Knowledge /experience of Proving Ground operations and / or experienced in vehicle testing – CAV testing preferred (combination of 2 years minimum).
- Experience working in connected and automated vehicle and infrastructure markets preferred.
Expert-level skills required:
- Written and spoken communications
- Relationship building and maintenance
- An eye for innovation
- Ability to analyze customer needs
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques
- Team working and leadership