ACM is a non-profit innovation, testing and product development facility and proving ground for future mobility, designed to enable safe testing, validation, and self-certification of connected and automated vehicle (“CAV”) mobility technology, accelerate the development of voluntary standards, and provide educational opportunities. ACM incorporates a purpose-built test track environment directly integrated with active highway corridors, data and simulation facilities, and a combined corporate/academic technology park campus to facilitate effective government and industry collaboration, as well as a focus on educating and developing the mobility workforce for the future.
ACM will fill this key position with a well-rounded technology leader who is forward-thinking, creative, outcome-oriented, and a team player, with significant mobility experience (CAV, ADAS, ITS, IoT,HW/SW, Modeling & Sim, Physical Testing etc) and a track record for obtaining results.
Technical Director Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Facility Design: Ensure ACM remains the premiere smart mobility test center by staying abreast of technology trends and informing facility design to include market-driven, start-of-the art, technical capabilities. Work with the Operations team to integrate and implement of technology solutions into ACM facility design and smart mobilty test environments.
Testing Services: Guide the ACM Facility Operating Partner on the evolving testing and validation needs of the industry.
Funded Research and Government Contracts: Provide technical program leadership on grant or corporate funded research and government contracted programs. Serve as principle investigator as required.
Program Development: Provide technical input into the development of new and existing ACM programs, products, and services.
Tool Chain: Support development, launch and maintenance of ACM data and modeling & simulation tool chain and autonomous cloud solution working with partner ecosystem in the selection of and integration of best-in-class technical solutions.
Expert Generalist: Be the resident go-to expert on technology for ACM Staff, Intertek, and Stakeholders as it pertains to their engagement with ACM and use of facilities.
Lead technical programs in a variety of areas, including testing, voluntary standards, facility design, operations, and others
• Responsible to understand and meet the technical requirements from the automotive, commercial vehicle, shared-use, UAV, telecommunications, data/cloud, and infrastructure sectors and translate into facility design, program design, and program execution
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge of rapidly changing state-of-the-art mobility technologies (CAV, ADAS, ITS, HW/SW, Modeling & Sim, Cyber, Electrification,)
• Develop potential test, development, and validation methods and tools for closed course, public road, and simulation environments, ensuring safe operation of all physical testing
• Help stand up ACM’s data and modeling & simulation tool chain strategy to provide a unique offering and to help accelerate on-track testing – create a leadership positon in virtual & physical testing
• Support ACM Industry Advisory Board (IAB) standards committee and activities with Standards Development organizations (SDOs) to support and accelerate their work in developing voluntary standards across industries and products
• Support development of budgets, timescales and project scope and identification and proposal development for external funding to achieve corporate goals
• Support grant funded R&D initiatives (prospecting, proposal development, technical program management) to meet corporate financial goals
• Assess project requirements and develop technical proposals working closely with ACM Business Development and operations
• Develop and maintain a robust development/test platform for customer and research programs
• Develop and deliver customer programs in line with agreed customer requirements
• Perform technical reviews and brainstorming activities with stakeholders and ACM staff
• Support sales and operations in customer engagements and events demonstrating ACM technical capabilities
• Analyze and interpret development and test data and responsible for the documentation of all engineering activities
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelors degree (advanced degree highly preferred) in engineering or related field required with a minimum 5 years of experience in related industry dealing with technology innovation and development
• Expert generalist with deep and broad knowledge spanning validation of both physical and virtual vehicle systems
• Proven experience in advanced mobility technical programs and vehicle development & validation
• Familiarity with data management analytics platforms (DMAP), modeling and simulation, cloud computing solutions for use in developing and validating vehicle systems
• Strong team attitude, including demonstrated ability to thrive in a “start-up” atmosphere
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners, customers, and stakeholders including industry executives, government/regulatory officials, and policy/political officials.
• Demonstrated ability to leverage experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude with hands-on planning, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated experience developing and delivering long and short-range plans and goals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with excellent analytical, writing, editing, and presentation skills required.
• Well organized, results orientated self-directed team player
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion
Additional Preferred Qualifications: Highly qualified candidates will have recent experience as a principal investigator in the conduct of driver performance/behavior measurement studies involving vehicle safety, driver assistance, vehicle control, and crash warning/avoidance systems, using on-the-road vehicles, driving simulators, and other field or laboratory equipment, experience in conducting and managing experiments and tests with human subjects. Candidates possessing current knowledge of system reliability, cybersecurity, and vehicle control systems (such as batteries and automation), and the ability to formulate and answer relevant technical and performance questions through research.
Send expression of interest and resume (3 pages maximum) with the subject line “ACM Technology Manager Position”, to Liz Perpich at [email protected]