Intertek Inside Sales Representative
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an inside Sales Representative II to join our Transportation Technologies team in Ypsilanti, MI.
The Transportation Technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team’s services cover all aspects of clients’ needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
The Inside Sales Representative II role is a quota carrying position focused solely on sales and account management. The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Representative II is to build, grow and maintain a book of business consisting of new and existing accounts. They need to prospect for new business and grow a small book of existing clients. They will process and manage all of their quotes and orders and support all customer communication during the sales process. They need to be responsive and accurate, to ensure they are building strong relationships with new and established customers. This role will manage the sales process independently without direct support from the sales support team, with the exception of travel and PTO coverage.
- Prospect, research and contact new customers
- Meet with customers and provide presentations on Intertek’s services and capabilities
- Respond to customer requests regarding capabilities, pricing and timing
- Work with sales engineering and/or utilize pricing tools to develop quotations and send to customers
- Follow up on outstanding quotes and close business
- Ensure consistent and proactive customer contact with existing book of business
- Update the CRM database in a timely manner, including all customer phone calls and appointments
- Provide project status updates to customers
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ of customer service, sales support or direct sales experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
- Must be customer focused and quality driven
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must possess strong organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Microsoft office proficiency, including Work, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 33% of the time • Must possess a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk performing all clerical functions inherent to the position
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical,dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass apre-employment drug test.